According to fire crews, an investigation into a brush fire two days ago now indicates it was likely started by an 'unattended cooking fire.'

The East Oregonian reports Umatilla Fire District 1 put out the several acre blaze Tuesday afternoon. The blaze was near Cemetery Road in Hermiston.

While it was contained, the fire sent large plumes of smoke that were visible for miles. Fire officials found several shopping cars at the origin of the blaze, and said the fire was likely due to somebody walking way and leaving a cooking fire blazing.

No word if any suspects, but judging from the circumstances officials say it was likely a homeless camp.