Big Jim & Stacy Lee Chat With Sarah Palin’s Family
Chuck Heath Jr. and Sr. were in the KEY studios this morning chatting with Big Jim & Stacy Lee about their book, “Our Sarah: Made in Alaska.” Sarah Palin’s brother and father will be at Hastings on G. W. Way in Richland for a book signing tonight at 6:30 p.m.
Chuck Sr. attended Columbia Basin College in 1957-58 on a football scholarship, where he met his wife, a Richland native. They still have a lot of family and friends in the Tri-Cities and they made sure to stop in the Mid-Columbia during a whirl wind national tour. They head back home to Anchorage after tonight. The reason for writing the book was to set the record straight. Out of 120 books written about Sarah Palin — positive and negative — only four are 100 percent accurate, Sr. said.
Here are highlights from the interview:
- Growing up, Sr. said Sarah was always an avid reader of newspapers. Each morning he’d grab the sports section and she’d grab the front page, then she’d ask him questions.
- When the family gets together they talk about friends and sports.
- Sarah is one of the most “down-to-earth” people you’ll ever meet.
- They pray a lot for the protection of their son/grandson/nephew Track Palin in the military.
- Sarah’s faith helps her cope with all the negativity.
- Sarah’s mom is the one who takes the negativity hardest.