Five Things That Happen All The Time In Movies…But Never In Real Life
We found a list of things that happen all the time in movies, but never in real life. So it has absolutely no educational value, but it’s interesting.
1. Someone Mysteriously disappears from a street corner when a bus drives by. Obviously that never happens in real life…unless the bus stopped, sat there for 30 seconds, and picked them up.
2. Hearing a dial tone when someone hangs up on you. In real life, the line just goes silent. But in the movies, they always add a dial tone so the audience knows what’s happening.
3. Hackers only need a few seconds to hack into a computer system. In reality, it’s not a one-step process at at all. And even the best hackers might need hours or even months to hack into a heavily encrypted system.
4. Instant DNA results. When police order DNA tests in the movies, they usually get the results a few days later or even sooner. But in reality, most police departments have a backlog, and it takes months.
5. Making a mad dash to the airport to stop someone from leaving. Maybe it actually did happen…20 years ago. But in 2011 it makes no sense, because everyone has a cell phone.
And my favorite…People in movies…especially cops…always talk, argue, and gesticulate all over the place WHILE they’re holding a cup of coffee. Because they’re actors, and there’s nothing in the cup!