I’ve Got an Infestation! — 10 Easy Tips to Rid Your Home of Fruit Flies
It's common to get a few fruit flies in the summer as we enjoy fresh fruit, garden produce and farmers markets. But I've got an INFESTATION! I looked up the remedy and I think you'll be surprised!
To DECREASE the number of fruit flies, get rid of exposed food.
- Use up or throw out ripe fruit
- Don't throw food scraps into an inside garbage
- Don't leave crumbs on your countertops
- Cover any kind of food with a bowl -- or keep it in a closed paper bag
- Put everything that will fit into the fridge until the flies go away
- Rinse dish rags regularly
- Rinse dirty dishes immediately
While we were talking about it on air, a guy called in from Michigan telling us about a foaming cleaner he makes. It foams in up to 12 feet of pipe ridding the pipe of the "bio-film" and killing the eggs and making it impossible to lay more.