Stacys Herbed Risotto [RECIPE]
I’m totally addicted to watching Hell’s Kitchen on Monday night. If you watch you know Risotto is always on the menu, and is usually something you probably order in a restaurant. It’s really not that hard to make at home and is a favorite around my house. Here’s the recipe I guarantee you’ll make it a part of your recipe collection.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil and butter in a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons mint, 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, 1 tablespoon rosemary and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Saute, stirring, until vegetables are slightly softened (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in coriander and rice and saute, stirring, until rice grains are oil-coated (about 3 minutes). Pour in wine and stock and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, or until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is tender but firm. (Note: Stir once or twice while simmering.)
- Remove pan from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in remaining mint, parsley, rosemary and lemon zest, then add lemon juice and cheese.
I think the wine really adds to the flavor but it can be omitted. Also I buy the rice in the bulk section at Winco foods. Enjoy