Try My Amazing 125 Calorie Low Carb Soup [Recipe]
Soup is one of the easiest and most filling things to make at home. I'm sure you've seen those Progresso soup commercials which say each can only has 110 calories and I'm sure they do, however canned soup usually has a lot of sodium, that's why I like to make mine at home so I can control the sodium and quality of ingredients. Here's an absolutely delicious recipe I made up...it was so yummy I banned my husband and son from eating it..
My secret weapons are in the picture above. An ingredient you may have never heard of is Shirataki noodles. I don't know about you but I've missed my pasta since being on my low carb diet and these noodles are more widely available at stores like Wal-Mart and Fred Meyers. Remember this recipe can be modified to your taste I used veggies I had on hand and you could use chicken or no meat and it would be just as tasty.
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp (De-Shelled Cut into Bite Sized Pieces)
- 1 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms Chopped
- 1 cup Chopped Onion ( I used Red)
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Cabbage
- Chopped Garlic to taste (I used 3 Cloves)
- 1 Package Shirataki Noodles (see note)
- 3 tsp Better than Bouillon (Chicken)
- 1TBL Coconut Oil
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 TBL Simply Aisa Seasoning (From Costco)
Saute your veggies in a good sized pot with coconut oil for about 5 minutes, add garlic and seasonings saute for 30 seconds. Add 4 cups of water and the better than bouillon and slowly bring to a simmer.
*While soup is simmering drain your Shirataki noodles (they smell not so good) and rinse well microwave them for 60 seconds then pat dry them with paper towel. Chop and throw in the pot. Add your shrimp at this time and simmer for 5 more minutes.
* If you don't have the Simply Asia seasoning use whatever seasoning you prefer when you saute your veggies