Yummy Low Carb Chicken Noodle Soup [Recipe]
Here’s the perfect soup recipe for a wintery day. You’ll only need 7 ingredients and a big piping hot bowl will only set you back about 150 calories.
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup baby Bella mushrooms chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 TBLS Coconut oil (Or Olive)
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 5 Cups Water
- 4 tsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken stock (Or Box Chicken Stock = to 5 Cups)
- salt & pepper to taste ( I used white pepper)
- 1 cup Chicken Breast meat (I used chopped Costco Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 package Pasta Zero fettuccine noodles ( rinsed well)
Saute veggies in oil of choice for 5 minutes or so.. add garlic last 30 seconds of saute.
Add 5 cups hot water and better than bouillon bring to simmer. Add chicken and noodles and simmer 5 more minutes. Serve piping hot.
Note: The Shiratake noodles are the key to the low carb aspect of this recipe. They can be found near the Tofu or Vegetarian section of your grocery store. I have found them at Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer and Winco.