Use This Daily Trick to Begin Changing the Way You View Your Time
It's ok, you have to acknowledge where you're at to figure out where you're going and if you aren't even ready to accept reality, well that's a whole other topic we can cover on a different day or you can hit up Comprehensive HealthCare for that one.
Fresh off vacation I made a game plan to go back to work. I was going to work smarter not harder and I was NOT going to allow myself to get consumed with ****. It's easy to feel like you are pulling the whole load but that's not true, everyone has their lane so assess where yours is and thrive. When someone pops off know it has nothing to do with you, so no need to react or even engage in that behavior. They need to take a break but when you're in need of one too, that's when the friction starts a fire.
I can't remember where I saw the idea but on Sunday night I grabbed my phone (use something that you will always have with you) and broke down my day into hours, giving myself four spots in each hour to accomplish something. It's a work in progress and moving forward I might try and make a sheet for you to download (if someone is a whiz, I have something special if you'd like to help) Message me
Breaking Down Your Day
- Wake-up at 6:11 am
- Make Green Tea with the juice of half a lemon
- Water Plants
- Journal for 11 minutes (I tried 15 and it just wasn't working for me)
- Eat Breakfast
- Meditate (this is normally a quick 5-minute session)
- Yoga (still dreaming about this one because it hasn't happened yet (don't freak out if you don't nail each thing on the list, we're baby-stepping here)
- Take a bubble bath
- Update the website and social media, send out app alerts
- Pack snacks and lunch
- Work on stories for the show
- Get Dressed for the day
- Head to work
- Get the studio set-up by lighting sage and a candle, turning on the Christmas lights (If Covid has taught me one thing it's, leave the damn lights up if they make you happy!), and watering the plants
- Make more tea, grab some water, put away lunch
- Check work e-mails
- Start my shows
- Create funny bits that I can save to hopefully someday create an after-show recap
- Check Social Medias and update
- Snack (I have been LOVING half a cup of coconut milk, two tablespoons of chia seeds, a touch of sugar-free caramel flavoring and a touch of sugar-free vanilla left overnight and in the morning I throw in half a sliced grapefruit) ******* divine!
- Wendy's Give-Away
- Update website
- Keep Crushing my shows
- Check-in with the hubs
And so on and so forth thru the whole day. I have noticed that I enjoy having a game plan. I am eating better, not feeling so rushed or scattered, and for the first time since I can remember my husband told me his work schedule and I actually wrote it down instead of trying to remember it. We have SO much that rolls around in our brain, put it on a piece of paper, and it will help. You can adjust the items on the list to fit your schedule better and don't beat yourself up with what you didn't get done. It's not about what you didn't do, it's about feeling more in control and managing our time in a way that benefits us. Life can be a grind if you let it. Why let it?
KEEP READING: See 25 natural ways to boost your immune system
KEEP READING: 15 Natural Ways to Improve Your Sleep