Pet Peeves — What Etiquette Did Your Parents Teach You That No One Follows Anymore? [SURVEY]
People seem to care less about etiquette lately. Not only are folks less polite, but stuff we used to get scolded for as kids is done by everyone! What kind of stuff were you taught NEVER to do, that now everyone does?
Here's what a survey said:
- If you're a guest in someone's home, leave no trace you were there.
- Closing doors lately late at night.
- Don't talk about a party in front of someone who's not invited (HELLO, FACEBOOK!)
- Be grateful for gifts, even if you don't like them.
- When you drop someone off, make sure they get in safely before you drive away.
- Never show up to someone's party empty handed.
- Push chairs back in once getting up from a table.
- When at someone's house, ask before touching something.