What’s a Better Title? Secretary or Administrative Professional? [POLL]
Happy Administrative Professionals Day! Do something nice for the one in your office! By the way, why did they change the name anyway?
I'm NOT saying I agree, but our website guy Andrew says he thinks Secretary is a more dignified job title.
1. It's a historic profession
2. It's one that carried status for centuries
3. The job hasn't changed since the title has
ON THE OTHER HAND
1. Secretary is outdated
2. It had taken on gender-specific and sexist connotations
3. Administrative Professional or Administrative Assistant better describes what they actually do
What's in a name anyway? Have you heard some box stores call their employees "associates"? And sales people are now called "account managers." Is one really preferable over the other?