5 Places to Get a Face Mask in the Tri-Cities
The Benton-Franklin Health District issued a safety health directive asking people to wear face masks starting Monday, June 8th to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
The directive states:
The directive applies to all indoor public places in Benton and Franklin Counties, including grocery stores and other businesses, as well as outside settings where maintaining six feet of physical distancing is difficult. Individuals are strongly urged to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth.
I'm one of those people who doesn't have a face mask just sitting around to use but after a little research, I found a few places in the Tri-Cities that you purchase a face mask from if you need one.
1) Wal-Mart is one retailer in the Tri-Cities that has medical and other face masks that you can order. I'd take advantage of their drive-up service and save yourself the trip into the store. They've got 3 locations in the Tri-Cities. You can check out their mask selections here.
2) Walgreens is another location to check out for face masks. They seem to have a better selection than most places as they have a decent medical section as well. They have multiple locations in the Tri-Cites. You can check out the Walgreens offerings here.
3) Amazon seems to have everything these days and you'd correct. You can order a facemask from their many selections here.
4) Ulta Beauty is another retailer that you don't think would have a face mask but they do and they even have curbside service. They have two locations in the Tri-Cities. You can order from them online here
5) A Facebook Group called Tri-Cities Face Mask Makers is also making masks for folks. You could reach out to them and see if they will do a face mask for you. You can check out their Facebook page here.
One of the things I've started doing is leaving my face mask in my truck just in case I need it.
The Health Department did wrap up their statement with these exemptions.
Exceptions to the Health Directive include children, people with disabilities, deaf individuals who use facial movements as part of communications, and others. Health Officer Directives are based on individual compliance by the public; there is no penalty for not wearing a face covering. The public is also reminded to practice compassion and understanding for individuals who cannot use face coverings.
If you've already got your mask, great but if you need one and are hunting for one, I hope this post helped you.