7 Reasons to Love the Wonderful Tri-Cities Wind
When you think of the natural qualities of Tri-Cities, what are the first things coming to your mind? Dust devils? Traveling tumbleweeds? Whitecaps on the Columbia River? What do these things all have in common? It's the wind, of course!
We're getting a heck of a windstorm today, and it seems like all I hear is folks gripe about the Tri-Cities wind when actually there are several reasons to love it:
1. The mighty stars and stripes atop the Blue Bridge wave proudly in the wind.
2. That trampoline was old and needed to be replaced anyway. Now it's someone else's problem!
3. Messy hair, don't care. Don't you know everyone has it today?
4. Now you don't have to buy an extra garbage can or large flower pot or outdoor seat cushions. They're all waiting for you in your yard (over in the corner by the fence gate where the wind swirls). *
5. When your cigarette ashes blow right back at you from the car window, it's a good reminder that you need to quit.
6. Wind turbines are a cost-effective energy source.
7. You never did rake those fall leaves? Unless you live in a culdesac, they're someone else's problem now! If you're the one living in the culdesac...sorry about your massive leaf and garbage problem!
* Only helpful if you put away your own garbage can, flower pots, and outdoor seat cushions. Otherwise, everybody simply trades items and it's an even push.
15 Ways You Can Help People in Ukraine Right Now
LOOK: Food history from the year you were born