Around 4:30PM Wednesday Fire crews and EMS responded to an apartment fire in Kennewick, at 1100 Cleveland St., and upon arrival, found the fire had spread from the first to the second floor.

An older man, age and ID not released, sustained a some minor burns and smoke inhalation. He was taken to a nearby hospital and said to be OK.  No word as to what started the fire, but investigators have begun their work. No word on how many persons or tenants were displaced because of the fire.

The units are located just North of Kamiakin High School just off of Canal Drive.