Blood Drive Tomorrow at Carousel of Dreams
Give blood and get swag with the Benton Franklin County Fair and Rodeo. A blood drive with the American Red Cross is being held, Friday, August 21st, from 12:30pm-5:30pm at the Gesa Carousel of Dreams.
Those who donate will get a bag full of goodies. Each bag contains a $15 Visa gift card, two ride passes to the Gesa Carousel of Dreams, two adult tickets to next year's fair, and $20 in fair bucks. So, you know you'll have a great time at the 2021 Benton Franklin Fair and Rodeo.
According to the Amercan Red Cross website:
The American Red Cross has a constant and ongoing need for blood and platelet donations. There is no known end date in this fight against coronavirus, and the Red Cross needs the help of blood and platelet donors and blood drive hosts to meet the needs of patient care.
At each blood drive or donation center, Red Cross employees follow thorough safety protocols, including:·
- Wearing gloves and changing them often
- Wiping down donor-touched areas after every collection
- Using sterile collection sets for every donation
- Preparing the arm for donation with aseptic scrub
- Conducting donor mini-physicals to ensure donors are healthy and well on day of donation
- We have also increased our vigilance concerning some of these safety protocols including:
- Enhanced disinfecting of surfaces and equipment
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering and throughout the donation appointment
- Temperature checks before presenting donors enter the blood drive or donation center
- Following social distancing practices between donors including donor beds, as well as waiting and refreshment areas
- During this time, blankets typically used by platelet, Power Red and AB Elite donors at Red Cross blood donation centers will be laundered after each use, which may limit the availability. Donors are encouraged to bring their own blankets, but electric blankets and heating pads are not permitted.
- Staff wearing basic face masks
- For the safety of our donor community and in accordance with CDC guidelines, all donors are required to wear a face covering or mask. Please bring a face covering or mask to your donation. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you.
- To ensure our staff are healthy each day, we have implemented standard staff health assessments prior to all blood drives.
- Finally, only eligible and healthy people are allowed to give blood.
The blood drive will take place from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m, at the Gesa Carousel of Dreams...2901 Southridge Blvd. in Kennewick.
To make an appointment in advance and reserve spot, click here.