Demi Lovato Speaks Out About Her Recent Overdose
A few weeks back singer Demi Lovato was rushed to the emergency room of Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles due to an overdose. It was first reported that it was heroin, but later stated that it wasn't clear what drug triggered the overdose. Demi stayed at the hospital for about a week then returned home with close family and friends. The singer didn't release any information or make a statement until today. She took to her Instagram to speak to her fans about her struggle. While she didn't go in to details of the events that led up to the overdose, she did thank her God, her friends and family, and fans for their support, and said she will be seeking treatment.
You can read Demi's full statement below. We wish her nothing but the best and a smooth recovery. If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please click here to seek help.