Kennewick Caregiver Arrested for Multiple Shocking Sex Crimes
A Kennewick caregiver is in the Benton County jail facing a shocking list of crime accusations.
Kennewick Police did not offer a timeline, or specific locations, but say Brittany Terris violated a position of trust. She's accused of sexually assaulting a preschool aged child, and recording it on video.
Police did not say how long the assault activity was continuing, or how many incidents aside from the video, but here is a list of the charges:
- First-degree rape of a child with two aggravating circumstances: a position of trust and a pattern of sexual abuse.
- First-degree child molestation with two aggravating circumstances: a position of trust and a pattern of sexual abuse.
- Sexual exploitation of a minor while in a position of trust.
- First-degree dealing of depictions of minors engaged in sex acts
- First-degree possession of depictions of minors engaged in sex acts.
Police did say they were tipped off to investigate because a person who was apparently close to the situation reported seeing something that didn't 'look right.' Reportedly Terris took explicit pictures with the child, showed them to the person who reported her, and shared them online. This led to the investigation that uncovered the video. She has apparently admitted to the pictures.
Had this person not reported what they thought was inappropriate or 'not right,' Police say there's no telling how long the abuse could have gone on.
The investigation continues.
Terris is pictured below (KEPR TV)