Many Chickens, Ducks, and a Dog Perish in Coop Fire Caused by Faulty Cord
Fortunately, no persons were hurt and the fire was kept from spreading to a nearby large grass field. But a number of chickens, ducks and a pet dog were not as lucky.
Benton County Fire crews responded late Thursday to a chicken coop fire on the west end of Rupert Road, and upon arrival, found it was about ready to jump into the field.
Fortunately they were able to beat back the flames and knock it down, but not before many chickens, some ducks and a dog perished, sadly.
The culprit appeared to be a faulty electrical cord that had been run to the shed to provide power, perhaps for heating and cooling and a fan.