Neglected Stove Torches Home in Kennewick
So many times we hear about how homes are damaged and even destroyed because of fires that start in the kitchen. This fire was Wednesday at Sanitago Cherry Hill Estates on West 19th in Kennewick.
And the bulk of them are often forgotten or unattended stove related mishaps. Kennewick Fire crews were able to save this home, but sustained a lot of damage-especially from smoke-after a burner was left on and was cooking an item with some grease flared up.
Fire crews were able to beat down the flames before any structural damage occurred, the family got out OK, but the home will need extensive work from a restoration crew to remove the smoke and soot from the blaze.
Authorities remind you: NEVER walk away from the stove, out of the room, even for just a few seconds, especially if what you're cooking has any kind of . grease.