Here Are Some Wildfire Prevention Tips
Wildfire season is already here! There's a 5,000-plus acre wildfire burning in Grant County right now.
As Smokey the Bear would say, "Only you can prevent wildfires." And he is absolutely right! This time of year, it is so easy to ACCIDENTALLY start a wildfire. So what can we do to prevent accidentally starting one?
According to SmokeyBear.com;
1. Only you can prevent wildfires.
2. Always be careful with fire.
3. Never play with matches or lighters.
4. Always watch your campfire.
5. Make sure your campfire is completely out before leaving it.
NBC Right Now had some great tips this morning as well.
1. Don't mow dry grass.
2. Maintain your car.
3. Properly secure your trailer chains.
4. Check tire pressure.
5. Don't shoot guns.