Selling on Craigslist or Social Media Can Be Risky- West Richland
According to West Richland police dept. Facebook page
Today in West Richland we had a potential private party car sale turn into a vehicle theft. If you are selling your vehicle privately here are some tips that could prevent you from becoming the victim.
1. If possible, start and end your test drives at the police department. Meet them in the PD parking lot. This will likely discourage any would-be thieves.
2. Check with your insurance to see what they allow. They may not allow solo test drives.
3. See their driver’s license and take a picture of it.
4. Don’t leave any valuables in the vehicle.
5. Tell the potential buyer how much time they may have for the test drive. 15-20 minutes is usually sufficient.
6. Trust your instinct! If they make you uncomfortable, don’t hand them the keys.