Tri-Cities Animal Shelter Rolls on Through Tough Times
Through the coronavirus pandemic, the Tri-Cities Animal Shelter has closed their doors but they are still open and operating. You can still adopt animals and still help them with their fundraising.
If you have lost a pet and need to redeem them from the shelter, you can still do that and you can adopt a new furbaby too!
Here is what the Tri-Cities Animal Shelter posted on their Facebook page concerning the activities going on at the shelter.
To protect the health and safety of our staff and customers, the front doors of Tri-Cities Animal Shelter & Control Services are temporarily closed…but we are still open! Please read how to redeem a lost pet, drop off a found pet, or adopt.
We are available to instruct you over the phone between our normal business hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 9 am - 5 pm. Our after-hours answering service will connect you with an Animal Control Officer in the event of an emergency. As normal, we are closed Sunday and Monday. We are short-staffed and need to close the shelter from 12 pm to 1 pm for lunch (we will still be available by phone and for emergencies).
• Phone: 509-545-3740
• Lost pets: If you believe your lost pet is at the shelter, please call us at 509-545-3740 and wait in the parking lot until staff can come out to assist. Check out our website for cats and dogs currently at the shelter - www.tri-citiesanimalshelter.org
• Found pets: If you found a pet within the city limits of Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland, please call 509-545-3740 and wait in the parking lot until staff can come out to assist.
• Adoptions: We are still adopting our animals. Follow our Facebook page and check out our website. You must call the shelter before coming to meet an animal and we can advise you on the next steps.
• Animal Control: Officers are still on duty, so if you have an animal-related concern please call 509-545-3740
• Animal Care: The animals at the shelter are continuing to receive love and care from our staff. We have designated volunteers coming to walk our dogs.
• Donations: At this time, we are not accepting material donations to be dropped off at the shelter. But we always welcome and appreciate monetary donations that will be used for veterinary care (medical needs and spay and neuter). Our mailing address is 1312 S 18th Ave, Pasco WA 99301
Anyone with a fever, cough or shortness of breath will not be allowed to enter the shelter. We are asking no children to enter the shelter and we will ask only one person per group to view the shelter animals in order to redeem or adopt. Thank you for understanding! We got this!
Great Job Tri-Cities Animal Shelter, you can check out more details on their Facebook page here.