Yakima’s 2nd Annual Drive-Through Letters to Santa is Dec 19th!
Let's give it up for the Public Works Facility of Yakima and their Christmas spirit! Did you know they have a connection to Santa Claus? I had NO idea either but let's all take advantage of this magical moment, shall we?
What is Happening?
Sunday, December 19th, 2021 it's the 2nd annual Drive-Through Letters to Santa Event at the City's Public Works Facility, located at 2301 Fruitvale Boulevard between the hours of 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm! There will be treats for the kids, while supplies last, like candy canes, gloves, and small activity sets. Think Santa Claus is riding solo? No! He's bringing his lady love Mrs. Claus so this is for sure an event you don't want to miss.
Where Do We Enter?
- Approach the Public Works facility off of 16th Avenue onto J Street heading west.
- Turn left on 21st Avenue
- Turn right on Fruitvale Boulevard
- Turn right into the Public Works parking lot.
- After driving through the event, exit the parking lot and turn right on Fruitvale Boulevard
How to Make This Experience As Fun As Possible
- Make sure everyone has used the bathroom before you go
- Turn on some Christmas music in the car
- If you're lucky enough to have a DVD player, grab one of your favorite Christmas movies to play while you are waiting to drop off your letter
- Play I spy
- Remember to charge the camera to take some selfies and capture the memories
- Fill up the gas tank, not saying you'll burn through it but it's never a bad idea to come prepared
You can CLICK HERE for the full map and more details
CHECK THEM OUT: 100 years of Christmas toys, gifts and fads
LOOK: See what Christmas was like the year you were born
TOP 10: The best holiday TV specials of all time, ranked
LOOK: 15 Unconventional Christmas Albums From the Past 50 Years