Are You Prepared for the First Full Moon of October?
I'm not going to lie. There's something super magical about the moon. I can see it outside my window as I write this, covered ever so slightly with clouds. It's fun to know that I am not alone in that love. So many people around the World enjoy the light of the moon, watching for the different phases and acknowledging each season of change.
Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 the moon will be at its fullest, and the first one in October is called by a few names; Hunter Moon, Travel Moon, Dying Grass Moon, Sanguine Moon, and Blood Moon. These names represent the changing color of the leaves and the blood from hunting.
There's an energy when the moon is at its fullest so it's a great time to focus on self-love, letting go of that which does not serve you, and also tapping into some meditation. You can light candles outside and journal, burn sage or a bundle of herbs like lavender and ecylyptus is a favorite of mine.
Another fun way to celebrate another cycle is by creating a simmer pot. You can go and purchase items but you also can grab what you have available. Each fruit, spice, and herb represents different things so if you're into using what is already available it can provide you insights into what you already have and what you are lacking.
What Does It Represent?
- Lemon - longevity, purification, love, and friendship
- Apple - knowledge, wisdom, joy, and luxury
- Cloves - banish evil, clear your head, and attract money
- Cinnamon - protection, luck, healing, and prosperity
- Bay Leaves - write words of affirmation or what you desire on them. Stands for wisdom and victory
- Lavender - devotion, serenity, grace, and calmness
- Rosemary - love, loyalty, remembrance
Searching for some extra supplies? 5 Spots in Yakima that are filled with what you're looking for!
Items You Might Like
READ ON: Weird, wild UFO sightings from throughout history
READ ON: See the States Where People Live the Longest