PNW Winter Storm Warning: 15-30″ Expected in the Cascades
Travel this weekend will be tricky depending where you are in WA & OR. Snow is here.
And there's a lot more expected. There are several warnings, watches, and advisories issued.
Of course, the major concern is traveling in the Cascade Mountains. Heavy snow will fall thru Sunday. SR 20 North Cascades from Ross Dam Trailhead to Silver Star gate closes for the season at 6 pm Thursday, November 30th.
The NWS forecasts a 90% chance of more than 30" of snowfall at Stevens Pass.
Naturally there's more, the Blue Mountains haven't been left out. 10 to 20" of snow is forecast to fall there.
Expect hazardous conditions when traveling through mountain passes this weekend.
Plan ahead and know before you go. For the latest on WA mountain passes be sure to visit the WSDOT website for road conditions. For traveling in Oregon, visit TripCheck. Have traction tires/chains, and allow extra travel time. If you find yourself behind a snowplow, please, slow down and give the plow extra room.
- Is Washington the Grinchiest State?
- The Best Christmas Lights in Tri-Cities
- 5 Fantastic Hidden Pizza Spots to Try Near Tri-Cities Washington
- Fresh Fruit Recalled in WA & OR - Possible Salmonella
- Scarce Snow Forces WA Ski Resort to Delay Opener
- 5 Hilarious Reasons We Know Winter is on the Way in Washington State
- The Best Ways To Get Free or Cheap Firewood in Tri Cities, WA
LOOK: 25 over-the-top Christmas displays from across America
Gallery Credit: Annalise Mantz & Madison Troyer
LOOK: See how much gasoline cost the year you started driving
Gallery Credit: Sophia Crisafulli
See the Must-Drive Roads in Every State
Gallery Credit: Sarah Jones