What’s Happening Around Yakima Valley This Weekend
Welcome to Fall.
The leaves are changing and there is a nip in the air for sure so what can you do with all your free weekend time?
- You could pack up a picnic lunch for the family and head out to the Yakima Arboretum. With social distancing in mind, throw out a blanket and enjoy the view while breathing in that delicious fall air while the weather still allows you to lay in the grass. Snag my recipe for apple hand pies for a sweet treat to wrap-up your adventure.
- Speaking about the Yakima Arboretum they have teamed up with Cowiche Canyon Conservancy and the Yakima Greenway for a fun feature called, "Get Outside Yakima!" You could check loads of activities that have little to no resources to take on like enjoying our beautiful Washington State Parks
- If you own a bike, a ride via the Greenway could be your jam and when I say jam, do you have a mini radio? You could attach it to your bike like back in the day and flow through the hours with your favorite radio station
- Take a drive through the lower valley and check-out some of the produce stands like Rembrandt Fruit, Imperial's Garden, Jones Farm and more
- Or head on over to the upper valley and enjoy the Ahtanum Berry Patch, Johnson Orchards, McIlrath Farm Market, and much more
Bill Berry Farm
- This is your last weekend to enjoy the Downtown Yakima Farmers Market located in front of the Capitol Theatre, taking place Sunday, October 11th, 2020 from 9 am - 1 pm. Please remember to bring your mask :)
- The Yakima Farmers Market, located in the parking lots of Valley Mall will also be taking place on Sunday, October 11th between 9 am - 2 pm and will also be open every Sunday through October 25th, 2020. Don't miss your last chances to snag the freshest produce and goods from local producers.
If you know of more activities or ideas please send them to us and we will update the list
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
This weekend I think I'm going to tackle trying out my new resin molds, who knows, I could be selling those suckers at a bizarre sometime soon ;)